A suite of five Louis XVI period carved and giltwood chairs,
Resting on four fluted legs, the moulded belt with flat bottom and pearl frieze, curved in front. The uprights of the backs are composed of fluted columns, the upper crosspiece is enriched with water leaves. The openwork back is centred on a lyre topped by a shell.
Two chairs are stamped by Sulpice Brizard master in 1762, established in rue de Cléry.
Four identical chairs (illustrated in Merveilles des châteaux de l’Ile de France, Hachette, 1963, p. 129) belonged to the collections of the Marquis de Ségur at the château de Méry sur Oise until the sale of its contents in 1975 in Paris (on 17 and 18 April at Drouot and on 11 March at the Palais Galliéra)